Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Almost Over






Oh my. This was my first summer semester ever, and boy was it hard to stay focused. I tend to throw myself into work and vacation during the summer, and had to be a little more careful when I made plans. Unfortunately, I missed a few deadlines, but I am almost there! This June 18-21st, I worked at the ALIVE festival in Ohio. It is a Christian Music Festival about an hour outside of Cleveland, OH. There were artist there like David Crowder Band, Christ Tomlin, Paul Baloche, Thousand Foot Krutch, Skillet, Parachute Band, and many others. I was there as the Volunteer coordinator for the Food for the Hungry Tent. I have worked with Food for the Hungry for many years, at this same festival and went on a short term missions trip with them. They are a phenomenal organization that is dedicated to helping the poor one person at a time. Their artist's program have several well-known artists under their umbrella. Artists like Willet, 33 miles, and Leeland (other names include Sara Groves and Phillips, Craig and Dean) were also at the festival. I had the opportunity to hang out and talk to a lot of the bands, but so enjoyed Willet. They have such a WONDERFUL heart for God and the kids of Kenya.

Me w/ Tomas' Sponsor Packet

During the festival we were working to get kids sponsored. We were focusing on the Sololo, Kenya area. Unfortunately, we ran out of packets (with not many returns) so had to get more. While we were setting out the packets, i found a child I have now started to sponsor. His name is Tomas from Mozambique. He is an addition to my original sponsor child, Bawani from Bangladesh, India.
Though it was hard to keep up with school work during these 13hour days, it is such a worthy cause. I am always so happy to work with such a wonderful organization and look forward to next year- and hopefully graduated- if not super close to that happy occasion.
If you want to know anymore about Food for the Hungry- check out... www.fh.org
Thanks and God Bless!
Tarisha

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Tarisha Mickel, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.