Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Friday, June 15, 2007

BUSTED TOE


I captured your interest, didn't I? On Tuesday, I was walking into my room and tripped over the cable wire placed strategically in front of my door. Well, my big toe took a dive into the floor and it has not been the same since. It is extremely bruised, swollen and in pain. I have come to two very important realizations during this time:

1. I work too much.

I discovered this because the fact that I could hardly walk on my foot was completely overruled by the fact that I had to go to several meetings. I have neglected to go and get my toe imaged (x-ray) due to my work schedule.

2. I needed a break

I figured this out as soon as I understood #1. Not only do I need a break- but I'm being forced into taking one. I had a ministry engagement today, but due to my inability to walk and stand... I am sitting on my couch (blogging). I found that I am constantly running around, without time to breathe, reflect, spend quality time with God.

That brings me to a third realization. I have drifted from my source. Going without quality time with God, is like going without water in the middle of a desert. I have to get back to the place where it's the top desire.


So, here's my question of the week...


How in the WORLD, do you balance work, school and your spiritual life?


I would LOVE to hear about any of your tips...

Til Next Time!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Tarisha Mickel, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.